Bathroom Online Design – 5 Online Bathroom Design Tips
Bathroom online design can help you create the bathroom that is just right for you. Online bathroom design means learning as much as you can about what designing the most functional and attractive bathroom really requires.
The bathroom can be more than a room for personal hygiene or grooming. For example, if you have the space, you can add home exercise equipment and a music system or TV in your bathroom. As you proceed with your bathroom online design, begin keeping a notebook with your ideas and magazine clippings of what you want your bathroom to be like.
Here are 5 bathroom online design tips that may apply to the bathroom that you’re creating:
1. Bathroom Lighting – your bathroom lighting can be natural or artificial. Lighting is used to illuminate and brighten the space and lighting can affect how you feel inside your bathroom. Use a window, a wall skylight or roof skylight to bring in natural light or a nice outside view. And a skylight that opens is good because the moisture created by bathing or showering can be reduced. Artificial lighting can be an overhead general light, a light over the vanity mirror or wall sconces on each side of the mirror to provide sufficient light for grooming.
2. Bathroom Ventilation – bathroom online design should analyze bathroom moisture. Since a bathroom generates humidity and moisture, this airborne water can cause problems with the bathroom finishes. A properly-sized power ventilator can be installed that will pull moist air out of the bathroom to the outdoors. Ventilating fans sizes are indicated by how many cubic feet of air they can move each minute (cfm). Use a ventilating fan that will remove air from the bathroom to the outdoors about seven or eight times per hour. For example, a 6’x8’x8′ bathroom equals 384 cubic feet, divide by 8 times per hour equals 48cfm size fan. bathroom remodeling nj
3. Bathroom Tile – if you are using bathroom tile and will have solid-color ceramic floor tile, use a different color tile to create a border around the bathroom floor. If you will use the same color tile for the floors and walls, select a different tile size for the walls or lay the wall tiles diagonally to create visual contrast. Use a different color grout between the tiles to make a more interesting look.
4. Bathroom Wall Decor – if your bathroom walls are soft or neutral colors, use colorful bath linens and bath mats to create a nice contrast. Good bathroom online design means the accessories such as towel rings and soap dishes should complement the materials, fixtures and colors used on the walls and floors. For example, do not use modern-looking chrome towel holders with antique brass faucets.
5. Bathroom Storage – plan how you’ll use the bathroom wall space. Having shelves or cabinets over the toilet, using corner shelves and placing towel bars above one another increase your available storage space. A medicine cabinet with mirror can hold grooming supplies, medicine and toiletries. An attractive combination sink and vanity and a shower caddy in your shower can provide additional bathroom storage.
Doing bathroom online design means reading as much as possible, thinking and planning what you want and need in this important room. From materials used to the bathroom layout to the finished colors, having a successful bathroom project is about knowing what options you have, then choosing the best ones for your project. Learn as much as you can about online bathroom design before building begins so you can have the best bathroom possible.
Bathroom online design can help you create the bathroom that is just right for you. Online bathroom design means learning as much as you can about what designing the most functional and attractive bathroom really requires. The bathroom can be more than a room for personal hygiene or grooming. For example, if you have the…